Labels

Monday, July 25, 2011

Almost conquering the "big unit"

Good Monday everyone! Yesterday was finally game day and it was a great one. We won 7-0 against the Rockies and we went to Alice Cooper's Cooperstown for a before the game meal and drink. I may have mentioned a while ago that the hubby and I went there once before and saw they had a giant hot dog on the menu called the "Big Unit". This dog is 22 inches long and at least an inch around. After hearing the bells ring constantly in announcement of a patron ordering this monstrosity, we decided next time we were downtown we would order one too! Yesterday was finally the day:)

Take a look at this thing.
This one was my hubby's. He got the fully loaded one. It had things like onions, mustard, chili, cheese sauce, relish, sauerkraut, shredded cheese, jalapenos, bacon, tomatoes and ketchup. He was going to attempt to eat the whole thing himself. I know...he's brave but hey anything in the name of food. We could call this his man vs. food moment. Who will be victorious? The hot dog or the hubby? I will reveal the answer in a little bit.

My friend Erin and I decided to split one because we knew there was no way we were going to finish 22 inches of meat alone. We also did not want all of those toppings on our dog. Being the girls that we are we got our toppings on the side because we did not like the same things. I wanted onions, jalapenos, sauerkraut, and ketchup. Erin put relish, ketchup, mustard and onions on her half.

Here is Erin with our unit pre-toppings. Isn't it a beauty? Can I say, it tasted so good.
Erin is getting ready to take her first bite.


There's me getting ready to take on my half. Can you guess if I finished it our not?

If you said yes..you would be correct:)
So what do you think? Did my hubby finish his?
Nope, but it was close. Please ignore his gesture, I just teased him for not finishing it.
 Erin almost finished hers. All in all, we thought the unit was definitely worth trying. We probably would order it again but would have to split it again.

Yesterday was a good day. IF you are ever in Phoenix I recommend going to Cooperstown and trying the "Big Unit".

I hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)