Labels

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary and Crab stuffed Mushrooms

Today is my 10th wedding anniversary and I just want to say how much I love my hubby. It has been a great 10 years and I hope for a gajillion more with him. That's not to say it has always been easy but I think facing obstacles in a relationship makes you stronger. It takes hard work to make a good marriage but it is so worth it. I could not imagine being with anyone else. My hubby supports me in everything I do even if he doesn't always agree with my decisions. I  know I can count on him. So here's to many more years of happiness. I love you baby!

My husband gave a an awesome present for our anniversary. I have been wanting a new camera for a while and I finally got one! I am so excited and grateful for it. Thanks honey! You do listen to me. Hopefully my pictures will improve:) We will see.

I decided to make a little appetizer for us tonight since it is such a special night. We are going to dinner this weekend because my husband worked all day and has to be up early in the morning. I wanted our night to be special so I thought I would go the extra mile and make more than just an entree. I remembered when we first started dating we went to dinner and had some wonderful stuffed mushrooms. I wanted him to remember too! I searched all over for a recipe and finally decided on one from Paula Deen. Let's just say.....delicious:)

They were so easy to make and the hubby liked them too! I think next time I will get the lump crab meat instead of the canned. I bet it would taste better or if we had fresh seafood here they would taste even better. I miss going crabbing for my own:( Anyway, I definitely will make these again.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
adapted from Paula Deen

Ingredients
1 c of crab meat
1/2 c cream cheese
1/2 c parsley leaves chopped
1/2 c green onion chopped
4 T Parmesan cheese
2 portobello mushrooms or 10 white mushrooms (I used 6 small portobellos meant for stuffing)
1/2 c bread crumbs (I used panko)
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or to your preference)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375F. Combine crab meat, cream cheese, parsley, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Fill mushroom with mixture and top with bread crumbs.

Spray tops with cooking spray to help brown. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is melted and hot. Enjoy!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)