Labels

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chicken wings and Tattoos

I am so excited today! Why you ask? Well, not only do I not have to work, I get to spend time with my friends, but I also am getting a new tattoo. Hooray! I know some people are not into getting inked but I have been planning and waiting patiently for my new piece forever. When it is finished and healed I will post a picture of it.

One of my besties' sister came up with the idea of having a tattoo party. They hired an artist to come to their house and everyone that wants to have one done just needs to bring a picture of what they want done. I will let mine be a surprise. Hee hee! I can't wait until tonight. Even the hubby is getting one. If all goes well we will be hosting our own party.

What food do you think will be appropriate for this evenings festivities? I am thinking wings. I love wings and I will use any excuse to eat them. While watching my favorite channel, Food Network, Claire Robinson, made wings on her show and I decided to try her way. I did not use her sauce but I did use her cooking method and my favorite bbq sauce. They came out beautifully and I think this may now be my go to method for cooking wings. I love that they are not fried but broiled in the oven instead. I think my friends will like them as well.

Just look at these beauties. Don't they make you want to sink your teeth into some as well?
I also love they are not breaded and they are juicy from being broiled. It was so easy to make them. No stress and hardly any mess. :)

Broiled Chicken Wings

Ingredients
4 lbs of wings
3 T of vegetable oil
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper
garlic salt
your favorite sauce for basting

Directions
 Set oven to broil. Coat the outside of the wings with the vegetable oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Put the wings on top baking sheet with a rack.

 Broil for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked almost all the way through. Take the wings out of the oven and baste with your favorite sauce. Put back in the oven for 10 minutes. Repeat. Add more sauce for basting but flip over the wings so all sides are coated.  Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.Enjoy!


I hope you are having a great weekend and are doing something fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)