Labels

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

I am getting more and more excited about the Truck Festival this weekend! It's going to be a girl's day. Those are the best kind of days. All of the guys are busy doing "Guy Thing" it just means we will not be rushed. We actually will get to take our time and mosey around and take all the sights in. If the guys were there and were bored then they tend to suck all of the fun out of it. I also hope Tyler Florence is going to sign autographs. That would cool to not only  meet him but to also have a memento of the event.

How is your week going so far? Anything exciting happening this weekend for you?
I at least hope it is relaxing. It's always good to take some time for yourself.

I have been cooking up a storm lately. Some dishes are just everyday dishes not worth sharing but some are definitely note worthy. I am really enjoying my new cookbooks and also the time I have been spending in the kitchen. I just wish there were someone on dish duty besides myself. Oh well! You can't have it all.  There other day I was looking to make something hearty but easy. So I took a page from Trisha Yearwood's cookbook Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen and made a casserole. It was just what I was looking for but I changed it just a bit. I enjoyed it but it definitely it's not an everyday dish just once and a while. Too rich for everyday eating.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Trisha Yearwood (minor changes by me)

Ingredients

2 c of cooked rice
3 c of broccoli
1 onion diced
1 c sour cream
1/2 c of mayo
( I used a can of crm of celery instead of mayo and sour crm)
1/2 c chicken broth
1 10oz can of crm of chicken soup
10 0z of cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 chicken breasts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 x 2 in baking dish with nonstick spray. Saute chicken, onion,and broccoli in a pan together.

 When the chicken is no longer pink add the cans of cream soup, chicken broth and rice and mix together.

 Next put mixture in a baking dish and top with cheese.

I seem to have lost my pictures but I am sure you can imagine what it would look like.

Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy!
I hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)