Labels

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola

Hello Everyone!
How has your week been going? Mine is good so far. Today is the hubby's birthday. He's another year older but he's still the same guy I married. Just a little wiser. lol :-) I made him dinner, a birthday cake and gave him kisses. His present will come later this week. I hope he likes it.

Other exciting news. There is a Food Truck Festival this weekend. I can't wait to go! Tyler Florence is going to be there and I am debating about whether or not to bring one of his cookbooks so I can get his autograph. I think I might just in case he is signing autographs I don't want to be unprepared. I think it would be awesome to meet him and have a memento from the day. Don't worry. I will post pictures and tell you my top three favorite trucks and dishes.

On to the fun stuff. What have I cooked lately? I can say I have made a few things I want to share with you guys. One of the dishes I prepared this week is called Pork Chops Alla Pizzaiola. It is a recipe from Giada's Family Dinners Cookbook. I received this book for Christmas and have found quite a few recipes that I cannot wait to try. This was first on the list and I am really glad I made it. This was delicious and a different way to prepare pork chops. I think the sauce makes the dish. The best part, it was very easy to make and it livened up a week night dinner. That is always a good thing. I will be making this dish again in the future. You should give this a try. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Pork Chops Alla Pizzaiola
Giada de Laurentiis

Ingredients
3 T Olive oil
4 Bone in Center Cut Pork Loin Chops
salt and ground pepper
1 Large onion thinly sauce
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 tsp herbes de provence
1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper flakes
2 T chopped fresh flat leaf parsley

Directions
Heat Olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops. Cook pork chops until brown and done.

Remove from pan and put on a plate and set aside. Add the onions to the pan and saute until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.

 Add the tomatoes, their juice, herbs de provence, and red pepper flakes. Cover simmer until flavor blends and the juice thickens slightly about 18 minutes.

Season with more salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Return chops to pan as well as any juice that has accumulated and turn chops in sauce.

Heat until warmed through about another minute. Place pork chop on a plate top with the sauce. Serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!

Simple yet delicious. Just how I like things. Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)