Labels

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Crown Royal Steak Marinade




       Lately, I have been fascinated with experimenting with alcohol in many different recipes. I have previously used Crown Royal with chicken and pasta and I found it added a richness to the dish so I figured why not use it to marinate steak and see what happens. Let me tell you, I am happy I did.

   I have been trying to stay away from ready made marinades from the grocery store because of all the additives and preservatives and who else knows what that could be hidden in them. I figured if I am going to be a serious cook and maybe someday open my little café or bakery, I must be willing to experiment with a variety of things in the kitchen. For me, the goal of this little blog is to share my experiences as well as improve my skills in the kitchen. I also wanted to have a platform to share my triumphs as well as failures. I mean, let's be real, you can't succeed all of the time but I think learning where you went wrong or what went right is important.


   Okay now back to this marinade. Since, I previously used Crown in a recipe and had some leftover in the liquor cabinet, I thought to myself, why not try it with beef this time instead of chicken? I loved how it turned out in my chicken recipe so I surmised it would be good here as well. If you are worried the meat ended up tasting like Crown, don't be. The alcohol cooked off and just imparted the wonderful flavor of the spirit. The brown sugar took away the harsh bite of Crown while it added just a hint of sweetness. I found the steak to be flavorful and tender. I definitely will be trying out different bourbons in the future with my proteins. Please do not be scared to try this! It was really delicious and only took a few minutes to put together. Most of the time was spent marinating the meat. It sat for about 3 hours in the marinade and I assume it would only get better if it spent another couple of hours in it. Next time you are having steak for dinner and you have a little bit of Crown in the cabinet give this marinade a try.


Crown Royal Steak Marinade
Melissa DeWees
Ingredients
  1. Your favorite steak about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs.(I used sirloin)
  2. 3 T olive oil
  3. 1/3 c Crown Royal
  4. 3 T brown sugar
  5. 2 T soy sauce
  6. 1/2 lemon juiced
  7. 2 cloves of garlic minced
  8. 1/4 c Italian Parsley chopped
  9. 1/2 tsp. salt
  10. 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  11. 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  12. 1 T Dijon mustard
  13. pinch of red pepper flakes
Directions
  • Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
Look at the beautiful color!
  • Add steak to a Ziploc bag and then pour the marinade over the meat.
  • Massage the marinade
  • into the meat and close bag.
  • Marinate for at least 2 hours.
  • Remove steak from marinade and try and get the garlic off the meat before grilling. You do not want it to burn because it could leave behind a bitter taste.
  • Grill to your favorite temperature and enjoy with your favorite sides. Finish with a little sea salt if desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)