Labels

Monday, May 9, 2016

Italian Meatballs


        I am not sure if I mentioned it before but I love Italian food. In fact my dream is to take a cooking tour of Italy. Just think, getting to experience the beauty of Italy and its old world architecture while learning how to create dishes from the local region. Sounds like heaven to me. Someday I will be able to go there and experience it but for now I will just have to bring Italy to me in the shape of meatballs. That's right meatballs.

       I love a good meatball sub as much as the next guy. I just do not like those meatballs in the frozen section of my local grocery store. You know the tasteless ones made out of mystery meat. Actually the idea to make my own meatballs came from one of my good friends who was complaining one day about the meatballs she recently purchased at the grocery store. I told her the first mistake was buying the cheap ones. If you are going for convenient meatballs you have to buy the good ones but the best ones are the ones you make yourself. She kind of took my advice and bought a better brand while I went a different route. I made my own and I must say they were better than the ones from the store in my opinion.

     My hubby vehemently approved these meatballs and had a couple of servings of them. This recipe made a lot so I froze the remaining ones for the next time we had a meatball craving. These meatballs were fairly easy to make and so worth the extra effort. If you are not a huge fan of cheese you can cut the amount down, in fact I think it may have been a little too much cheese because some oozed out when they were cooking but they were still very tasty.

Italian Meatballs
 
by Melissa DeWees
 
Ingredients
 
  1. 1 lb. Italian sausage ground
  2. 1 lb. ground beef
  3. 1/2 c fresh chopped parsley
  4. 2 eggs
  5. 1 c parmesan cheese grated
  6. 1 tsp. salt
  7. 1 tsp. pepper
  8. 1 tsp. dried basil
  9. 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  10. 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  11. 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  12. 1/2 c + 2T Italian bread crumbs
 
 
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to just combined.
  • Do not over mix it will make your meatball tough.
  • Scoop into balls ( I used my cookie scoop) and place a couple of inches apart.
 
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the meatball is cooked through.

 
 
              So easy and so delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)