Labels

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My favorite day of the week!

I know most people do not like Wednesday aka Hump Day but not me. I love it because this is also known as girl's day. My friends and I get together for lunch and dish about what is going on in our lives. I know... it's an excuse to eat, drink, and be merry:) It's the little things in life that make it all worth while. Hee Hee!

I have been working so much lately that I have not been able to cook. That all changed last night. I have been wanting to try and make stuffed shells. I see them all the time and they look delicious. I was not sorry that I did. The hubby liked them as well and ate about six of them. I stuffed them with sausage and  cheese filling. Yum!
They were easier to make than I thought they would be and tasted even better.

Stuffed Shells with Sausage

Ingredients
Large Pasta Shells cooked according to the package and set aside
1 lb of  Italian Sausage
1 lb of ricotta cheese
1 lb of shredded cheese (I used a combination of colby jack and white cheddar
1/2 c of Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup of spinach
2 eggs
 at least 4 c of marinara (I made my own), more if desired

Directions
Preheat oven to 375, spray bottom of casserole pan. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1/2 c of Parmesan cheese, spinach, 2 eggs. Set aside. Cook sausage until done. I used the big sausage links and cut them into small pieces and pan cooked them until done. Then I picked up a shell and put 2 pieces of sausage inside and them stuffed them with a couple of tablespoons of cheese mixture.

Top the shells with the sauce and then the rest of the shredded cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes. And enjoy:)

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I have girl's day to prepare for. Talk to y'all later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling here! Btw, I like Wednesday but hated Monday. Probably, Friday is my favourite. ha.... However, hope you're having a lovely day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach, cheese...this is the type of combination I love. So mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)