Labels

Monday, June 27, 2016

Homemade Hummus



      I love hummus! I love all kinds of hummus especially to dip my vegetables in or on a sandwich instead of mayo. It is so tasty! I typically buy it from the store because for some reason I thought it would be hard to make, or it was a tedious process, or it could be sometimes I feel lazy, but whatever the reason I will probably never do it again. I was wrong guys. Homemade is so much better than from the store. It is so easy and so delicious and there is a world of possibilities of flavor combinations. I know I sound like I am gushing but guys I am so happy! The best part is, you know exactly what is in your hummus because you made it.

     Be prepared to see hummus recipes a lot this summer since I have learned how easy and fast to make at home. Lately, all I have been craving are fruit and vegetables. I think it is because of how hot it has been but that's okay. They are so good for you and really delicious.

    This recipe is just a basic garlic hummus recipe. I did not want to get too fancy my first time just in case it was a disaster. I don't know why I worried so much about making my own. This took all of 5 minutes to make and I have already made another batch because I devoured this one. Next time you are in the mood for hummus I urge you to make your own.

Homemade Hummus
 
Melissa DeWees
 
Ingredients
  1. 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
  2. 3 T olive oil
  3. 1 lemon juiced
  4. 1 tsp. cumin
  5. 2 T tahini
  6. 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  7. 2 cloves of garlic
  8. fresh cracked black pepper to taste
  9. 1/8 - 1/4 c of water
Directions
 
  • Add all ingredients except for water. Blend until smooth. Slowly added the water until you reach your desired consistency. 
  • Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
  • Enjoy!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)