Labels

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stuffed Jalapeno Burgers


      It's that time of year folks! Pull off those covers and clean off those grates! It's grilling season. When you think Summer, you think back yard barbecues and pool season. Well, at least I do but I do not have a pool so I will have to settle for the barbecues. I know, poor me but I will some how find the strength to survive. Just know the next house the hubby and I move to will hopefully have a pool. I can picture it now, all of our friends and family gathered around eating, drinking, and being merry. At least that is my hope and it does not turn into some kind of reject Jerry Springer episode. Any hoo, I digress as usual.


    Let's get back to these burgers. I wanted to try something different than just hamburger with a little salt and pepper sprinkled on the meat. I thought long and hard about what I could do to spice up them up and then it came to me..... I experienced and epiphany. Why not make them spicy or almost an Mexican theme? Since, we did not have our usual taco Tuesday this week I figured why not make a burger with some of the same seasonings as the tacos. After tasting these delicious burgers, I am so happy I decided to experiment. They were good!!!

    The cheese stuffed in the middle took the burgers to the next level. I have not stuffed my burgers with cheese in a long time and had forgotten how tasty they could be when prepared this way. I can't take all of the credit for the idea of cheese in the middle, I was inspired by the new show on the Food Network with the children. Not Chopped Junior but the barbecue show. It amazes me every time I watch one of the cooking shows with the kids because they astound me in the kitchen. When I was their age I could barely boil water and my cooking skills extended to ramen noodles. These kids are making gourmet meals that still put me to shame.

     I made the burgers with 80/20 ground beef. I do not like to go too lean with the meat because I believe you need the fat to keep them from being to dry and tasteless. Who wants a dry burger? I chopped up a fresh jalapeno and removed some of the seeds but kept the ribs because I wanted a little heat in them. I stuffed my burger with Colby jack cheese but my husband's with pepper jack. These burgers were approved by me and the hubby and I will definitely  be making them again. In fact, expect to see different flavor combinations in burgers throughout the summer. Next time you are in the mood for a tasty burger, give these a try.


Stuffed Jalapeno Burgers
Melissa DeWees
Ingredients
  1. 1 lb. 80/20 ground beef
  2. 2 cloves of garlic diced
  3. 1 jalapeno diced
  4. 1/2 tsp. salt
  5. 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  6. 1/2 tsp. cumin
  7. 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  8. 1/2 tsp. Mexican chile powder
  9. a few pieces of your favorite cheese diced
Directions
  • Preheat your grill and make sure your grates are clean.
  • Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese in a bowl and mix together.
  • Be careful to not over mix because it will make your burger tough.
  • Form into patties. I made three good sized patties.
  • Place the diced cheese in the center of the patties and then carefully fold over and press back into patty form.



  • Make sure the cheese is covered so it does not ooze out while cooking.
  • Grill burgers to desired temperature and top with favorite toppings if desired.
  • Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)