Labels

Friday, June 10, 2016

Spinach, Egg and Mushroom Breakfast Bagel




      I am not a huge breakfast person but occasionally the mood strikes and I crave it. I usually eat just lunch and dinner with a snack thrown in here and there or maybe some candy. I know candy is not good for you but it is very tasty. I think I have mentioned before I  love my candy but every once and while I want some eggs. Today was one of those days. After giving it some serious thought and also checking out what I had available I decided on eggs, spinach, mushrooms, and egg bagel. I must say it was a good choice. So good I probably will be making it again in the near future. I might even make extra and freeze them for days when I am feeling lazy or have only a little bit of time.

    This sandwich was easy to make and not time consuming at all. I think most of the time was spent on prep work and even that only took a few minutes. I had enough to make two bagels but since it was only just me I shared with my babies. They gave it two paws up. Hehee.


     Since the extreme heat has finally made its self known be prepared to see a loy more sandwiches and salads. It is too hot for soup on a regular basis and also time consuming meals. That's not to say I will stop making them occasionally but the heat seems to sap my energy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this sandwich as much as I did and try it for yourself or a variation of it.


    Spinach, Egg and Mushroom Breakfast Bagel
Melissa DeWees
 
Ingredients
  1. 3 eggs
  2. 2 T of butter
  3. 4 mushrooms sliced
  4. 1/4 onion sliced
  5. 2 T heavy cream
  6. handful of spinach
  7. 2 oz. of cotija cheese or your favorite cheese
  8. salt and pepper to taste
  9. 1 or 2 bagels (depending on how big you want your sandwich)
 
Directions
  •  Beat the eggs together in a bowl thoroughly
  • Add the heavy cream and beat in well
  • Heat a pan over medium heat.
  • Melt the butter in the pan and then add the onions  sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook the onions until softened
  • Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft.
 
  • Add the egg mixture and cook for a minute and then mix together with the vegetables.
  • When the eggs are half way done add the spinach and wilt into the eggs.
 
  • Add the cheese and fold the mixture together. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
 
  • In the mean time toast the bagel
  • Spread the bagel with additional butter if desired then top with the egg mixture.
 
  • Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)