I am not a huge breakfast person but occasionally the mood strikes and I crave it. I usually eat just lunch and dinner with a snack thrown in here and there or maybe some candy. I know candy is not good for you but it is very tasty. I think I have mentioned before I love my candy but every once and while I want some eggs. Today was one of those days. After giving it some serious thought and also checking out what I had available I decided on eggs, spinach, mushrooms, and egg bagel. I must say it was a good choice. So good I probably will be making it again in the near future. I might even make extra and freeze them for days when I am feeling lazy or have only a little bit of time.
This sandwich was easy to make and not time consuming at all. I think most of the time was spent on prep work and even that only took a few minutes. I had enough to make two bagels but since it was only just me I shared with my babies. They gave it two paws up. Hehee.
Since the extreme heat has finally made its self known be prepared to see a loy more sandwiches and salads. It is too hot for soup on a regular basis and also time consuming meals. That's not to say I will stop making them occasionally but the heat seems to sap my energy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this sandwich as much as I did and try it for yourself or a variation of it.
Spinach, Egg and Mushroom Breakfast Bagel
- 3 eggs
- 2 T of butter
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 2 T heavy cream
- handful of spinach
- 2 oz. of cotija cheese or your favorite cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 bagels (depending on how big you want your sandwich)
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl thoroughly
- Add the heavy cream and beat in well
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan and then add the onions sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook the onions until softened
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for a minute and then mix together with the vegetables.
- When the eggs are half way done add the spinach and wilt into the eggs.
- Add the cheese and fold the mixture together. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- In the mean time toast the bagel
- Spread the bagel with additional butter if desired then top with the egg mixture.