Labels

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to reality

I really had a lot of fun camping and fishing with my hubby and friends. I was very leery of the trip but it turned out so much better than I imagined. First, we escaped the heat here in the valley. It was in the 120's. Woods Canyon Lake, where we went, it was in the 80's during the day and the 50's at night. It also rained every day which you would not think was fun but it did clear alot of people out of the lake.


Isn't it beautiful?

They closed the woods all around do to wild fires so Woods Canyon was one of very few places open for fishing and camping. Our first day fishing did not make our trip look very promising. Between 5 people we only caught 2 fish. The second day was a lot better. We caught over 20 trout. Woo hoo! I cannot wait to cook and eat them. Finally fresh seafood!

3rd day's bounty:)
That's me posing with one of the fish.

That's the hubby cleaning fish.

It really was a great trip. I also made some new friends. That is always a good thing. I did however did not enjoy the bathroom situation. They had out houses there and they did not smell good. Also, there was not any running water. Yuck! Other than that it was a good time. I can't wait to go again. Next time we will bring more hooks and weights since we lost a lot during our fishing trip. We also had a few little visitors during our trip. Some cute like this guy.

Some not so cute, like the giant ravens that were caw cawing at about 5 am right over our tent. I also did not enjoy the snake that came out of the water next to my foot while I was fishing. Lucky for me it was non-poisonous and uninterested in me.
All and all it was a good time and a good trip. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to cook some of the fish. When I do I will post the pictures and recipes. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)