Labels

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Have I told y'all lately how much my hubby and I love muffins? I love them almost as much as I love cake with real icing. You know the kind made with sugar and butter and not the kind that resembles whip cream, but I digress. Back to the muffins. My hubby and I work during the week so we don't have time to make a complete breakfast,  instead I make muffins for a grab and go meal to go with my coffee. It helps to start the day right for me.

This week I decided to get a little crazy and mix up the flavor combinations:)
I am not talking super crazy but I do love to mix it up now and then. I tend to get curious about what will work together and what won't. I just consider it my quest to create the perfect muffin or muffins if you will. This week I decided to work with applesauce, blueberries, and banana. Okay, not so crazy flavor combination but baby steps. Can I say? Yum! Loved it:)

The recipe was really easy and the flavors worked. Do you have a favorite baked good that you are always trying to improve and create the ultimate recipe for? Muffins are mine. Like I said earlier, I love the muffins and will not stop until I create the ultimate one.....Hahahahaha:)

Blueberry Banana Muffins

Ingredients
2 c all purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c soy milk
1/2 c apple sauce
1/4 brown sugar
1 T amaretto
8 T butter melted
1 banana mashed
1 c of blueberries

streusel topping
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c brown sugar
5 T butter
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions
 Preheat oven to 375 and line 12 baking cups with liners. Make streusel topping - stir together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut butter into flour mixture using your fingers until it is in pea sized piece. Put aside. Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, and salt and set aside.

  In another bowl mix eggs, milk, apple sauce, sugar, and brown sugar, amaretto, and butter.

Mix together wet and dry ingredients. After thoroughly blended gently fold in blueberries and banana.

 Divide batter into 12 equal portions.

Top with streusel topping and bake for 20 -25 minutes.

 Enjoy.


I hope you are having a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)