Labels

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beef Kabob Night

Since it has been so hot and dusty lately I have not wanting to spend a lot of time in front of a hot stove. What could I make that did not require a lot of time nor energy but is delicious and can be cooked on the grill? Hmmmmmmm. let me think.

Kabobs.

It is grill season after all. A plus to this is I get to make the hubby participate in the cooking of his dinner. It's so funny when he thinks he should take all of the credit for dinner when he helps with a little portion. Hee hee! If only he would do the dishes, I would give him all the credit for dinner. I can dream, can't I. What I wouldn't give for the Disney animals to come in my kitchen and clean it for my like they do in the movies. lol:)
Anyway, I digress. Back to the kabobs. I never really made them before and I really do not know why. They are simple and delicious. Just marinate the meat, cut up some veggies, skewer, and grill. Enough said.

I made beef kabobs with the beef from the cow we won. I love that beef. It is so good and tender. Yum! I definitely am ruined for grocery store beef. Again, I am wandering. Back to these kabobs. I marinated the beef for 6 hours. You could do it for as little as 2 hours but I think the longer the meat sits in the marinade the more flavors it picks up.

This recipe is easy and good for any week night dinner. The marinating part, followed by the prepping takes the longest but still can be done in time for dinner. Just marinate before work and it will be ready for dinner.
So good!

Beef Kabobs

ingredients
1 1/2 lb of sirloin
1 onion cut in wedges
1 red bell pepper cut into 12 chinks
 4 oz mushrooms
slices of squash
(you can use any kind of vegetable you want)

Marinade
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
3 T veg oil
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
cracked pepper

8 skewers - soaked so they won't burn

Direction
Cut meat into 1 inch chunks and place in marinade for at least 2 hours but can be over night. Start with the meat and thread the vegetables alternating until all pieces are used. Preheat the grill. When it is hot put on skewers and cook until desired doneness. We cooked our for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!

I hope you are having a happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, your marinade sounds delicious. Kabob night sounds fun - putting all the ingredients in skewers and grill! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)