Labels

Monday, August 15, 2011

Blueberry and raspberry Muffin Mishap

Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was okay, nothing special just work, work, and more work. You know...the fun stuff. That's okay, I need the money. I have noticed that my mood has been getting more and more edgy due to the fact I have not been able to play in the kitchen as much as I would like. You know what that means...unhappy wife, unhappy husband. Not to worry though, I have already made it up to him. How you ask? I have been making some of his favorites today in the kitchen. Woo hoo!

First on the agenda today was chicken salad. My hubby really enjoys those wraps for lunch. I am surprised he is still into them and hasn't requested a change. That's good for me. Less work in guessing what to make him for lunch:) After I finished the chicken salad, it was on the muffins. He really enjoys his muffins for breakfast! I decided to make raspberry and blueberry muffins this week to change it up a bit. I have to say this did not go as well as I had hoped. I was out of muffin liners and figured it would not be a big deal. I just had to spray the muffin tins with nonstick spray. I wish it was that easy! My muffins stuck to the side of the tin and I had to pry them out. Why????? I think I narrowed it down to 2 causes. Either I did not spray the tins well enough or I did not bake them long enough. Either way the stuck to the sides. They went from looking like this:

Pretty huh?

To looking like this:


All was not lost, I still managed to salvage most of them and they tasted good.

Raspberry and Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients
2 c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 salt
1/2 c butter, melted
3/4 c almond milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c blueberries
3/4 c raspberries

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F and line or spray muffin tins.
Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another bowl mix together melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients but do not over combine. Gently fold in the berries. Divide evenly between muffin tins. Bake for about 25- 30 minutes. Enjoy!

I hope everyone is have a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)