Labels

Monday, August 1, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

Happy Monday everyone!
I trust everyone has had a great weekend doing things they love:) I had a good weekend. I had to work but I still was able to spend time with my hubby. We did not do much but anytime I get with him makes me happy. We are about to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I cannot believe it! Time has flown by and before you know it we will have been together for 50! Or so it will feel like. We are going out to dinner to celebrate the big day, I just do not know where yet.

I made some comfort food for us this weekend because it reminds me of our life together. There is no one I would rather spend my life with than the hubby. What speaks of home to me you ask? Well, one of the dishes I love is Shepherd's Pie. I know some of y'all are saying huh? But think about it. It combines 3 of my favorite things....meat, potatoes, and vegetables. What more can you need?And it is also so easy to make. Which is another reason to love it. For those of you whom have never tried this dish, you should. I bet you will like it and may become one of your comfort dishes.

Shepherd's Pie
Melissa DeWees

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 T season salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 c of mixed vegetables
3-4 c of mashed potatoes
1 c of beef broth
3 T of flour
8 oz of favorite cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside. Heat up olive oil over medium heat and add diced onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until softened.
Add garlic and saute for another minute.
Add ground beef, season salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and cook until beef is browned. Drain out excess fat.


Add the flour and cook for about 3 minutes so the raw flour taste disappears.

Add the beef broth to make a gravy. Add the vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.

Put mixture in the bottom of the baking dish and smooth out.

Next layer the mashed potatoes and smooth out. Top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until nice and hot.
\
Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Doesn't that look good?

How about that?

I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)