Labels

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Strawberry Banana Blueberry Smoothie

Happy Humpday everyone!
For me it was especially wonderful because I did not have to work and I was able to spend some time with my friends. Yeah! Always a good time. I love spending time with them. Makes my week, that much brighter.

In the last couple of weeks, pretty much all of the kids around here have returned back to school. No more summer vacation. You know what that means, summer is almost over and with it all the wonderful fresh fruit. I guess that means I need to not take the fruit for granted and eat as much of it as possible and also freeze some for those lean winter months when they are hard to come by. Today, I was very much in the mood for something refreshing, fruity, and also good for me.

I also wanted something cool because it has been so unbearably hot here. I decided to make myself and the hubby a yummy smoothie. I must admit, I think I may have got my husband a little addicted to these drinks. He never really asked for them until I started making them regularly. Now, he asks for specific fruit combinations:) At least I am doing something right and getting him to eat more fruits and veggies. He can't have all sugar, all of the time.  I find that the more fresh fruits and veggies I use to cook with or prepare the more the hubby will consume them. That is always a good thing. I am sure you guys have also come up with some great smoothie combinations as well this summer. I previously froze some fruit just for the purpose of later making smoothies with them. I also do it so I don't have to put as much ice in because the fruit is already frozen.  I hope you will give this a try.

Strawberry Banana Blueberry Smoothie

Ingredients
1 c strawberries
1 banana
1 c blueberry
3/4 strawberry yogurt
3/4 c almond milk
2 T of honey
1 c of ice

Directions
Add all ingredients into the blender and blend. Pour into your favorite glasses and finish with a bendy straw. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)