Labels

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Five spiced Pork Stirfry with Udon noodles

It's Thursday and I am feeling antsy. The weekend is almost upon us but that unfortunately does not mean much to me. I have to work all weekend:( That's okay I am saving up to not only fix my car but to purchase plane tickets to go home for Thanksgiving. I have already been scoping out the prices and let's just say..it's not going to be cheap. The price we pay for living so far away. Oh well, hopefully we will put away enough money to go home. I miss my family and can't wait to see them.

I have also been feeling the need to shake up our weeknight dinners this week. I am tired of the usual grilled chicken or grilled pork chops. I gave it some thought and we have not had any Asian themed entrees lately. In my pantry I had a package of udon noodles that I have been itching to use. I decided to surf the net for any interesting recipes that showcased pork and udon noodles. I finally found one Cooks.com and just tweaked a little bit for my personal tastes. I must say it turned out better than I could have hoped for. The hubby loved it because it was a little spicy and I rarely make things spicy. He said he definitely would like this again for dinner. Woo hoo! I am always happy to hear him say a recipe is a keeper. If you want a break from monotony give this recipe a try.

Five Spice Pork Stir fry On Udon Noodles
adapted from cooks.com

ingredients
1 lb of pork sirloin cut into strips
8 oz udon noodles
2 c of broccoli
3 T 5 spice powder
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 c hoisin sauce
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c ponzu sauce
1/2 c beef broth
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chili paste
2 T sesame oil
2 T of vegetable oil


Directions
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. In a large pot add water and salt and bring to a boil. Add the udon noodles and cook for 10 1/2 minutes of until your package direction says. In a bowl place the pork, hoisin sauce, black pepper,2 T of five spice powder, sesame oil and minced garlic. Toss to coat meat completely and let it sit until the oil is hot. Add the meat mixture to the pan and saute for 3 minutes.

Add broccoli and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.

Add the beef broth, ponzu sauce, chili paste, five spice powder and soy sauce and continue to cook until meat is cooked through and the broccoli has softened.

Add the udon noodles and toss to coat in sauce.
Enjoy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)