Labels

Monday, August 8, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Waffles

Greetings and Salutations all! I hope everyone had a great weekend filled with fun and laughter. I on the other hand had a stressful weekend. I think I may have mentioned once upon a time that my beloved car has some issues and needs to be fixed. In the meantime I have been driving my husband's jeep. Then it happened. On the way to dinner Saturday night, an aweful screeching sound started. I asked my husband what could it be....The answer was not good. The poor jeep needs a new clutch. Now both of cars are out of commission. This means I have no way to get to work. No work, no money, no money, no fixed car. This stressed me out. I did not sleep well at all. Then my beautiful niece agreed to stay at my house this week so I could ride with her to and from town. Did I ever mention I live in the boonies and it is a good 38 miles to work one way? No one is going to volunteer to carpool with me when I live so far out of the way. This is why I love my family. They are always there to help us and each other whenever needed. Thank you so much Nikki! I love you.

In honor of my week turning around from aweful to manageable I thought I would start off with what I want to deem the breakfast of champions. What does that consist of you ask? How about waffles, bacon, and eggs and to wash it all down, orange juice. I love waffles and I recently received a waffle iron from my hubby. We have been eating waffles made from a boxed mixture but they have not been as tasty as I would have liked. This morning I was watching Food Network, my favorite channel, and saw a recipe on Down Home with the Neely's that looked promising. I made the batter according to their recipe and let's just say....this is now my go to recipe unless I find or create one. They were so good. The only thing that I would do differently is to cook the waffles a little longer so they get a little crispier on the outside while stay moist and fluffy on the inside. If you like waffles, you will like this recipe.

Cinnamon Sugar Waffles
the Neelys

Ingredients
2 c all purpose flour
3 T sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 c whole milk (I used almond milk)
2 large eggs
6 T butter melted and cooled
cinnamon and powder sugar for dusting

Directions
Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instruction. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and set aside. In another bowl mix milk, eggs and butter together. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and be careful not to over mix.

Depending on your waffle iron put 1/4 to 1/2 c of batter in the middle of the iron and close the lid. Cook for 3 -5 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with cinnamon and powder sugar if desired and enjoy!

Why don't you make some bacon to go with it?

And some eggs:)

I like mine with lots of butter:)

Breakfast of Champions
I hope you are having a great Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you now have a way to get to work-I live out in the sticks and it can be inconvenient at times.
    There is nothing like homemade waffles to brighten up your day-especially if you have been eating the boxed ones. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You also know the pain of living so far away from everything. I like where I live but sometimes I wish we lived closer. The good news is the jeep is all fixed:) On another note these were delicious and I hope you will try them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)