Labels

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today is a beautiful day! It's about 80* and breezy. It is also the last Friday in Lent. In honor of this day and the fact we cannot have meat on Friday until after Easter I decided I was in the mood for a delicious vegetable soup. I watched Food Network recently and saw one of my fave chefs Claire Robinson make a broccoli soup and it looked awesome. I then decided that is what I would make for lunch today but slightly different. I did not add any kind of broth. All I had was chicken broth and again no meat today. I also used tofutti instead of her version of creme freche. Too much dairy does not agree with me.
The result was beyond my imagination wonderful. I mean seriously delicious!!!! You have to try this.:)

Melissa's Vegetable Soup
(adapted from Claire Robinson's Broccoli Soup, I'm not really sure of her exact recipe as I never looked it up)

Ingredients:
2 cups of broccoli
2 cups of cauliflower
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
2 T tofutti
2 T butter
salt and pepper to taste
little bit of garlic salt

Directions:
Cut vegetables into similar size and put in soup pot. Cover vegetables with water and add the 2T of butter. Add salt and pepper. Boil vegetables until tender. Put in blender and puree with the 2T of tofutti.
Serve and enjoy!
*add a little dollop of tofutti to top of soup if desired.
It is so creamy and luxurious you would swear you used heavy cream but didn't. I know I'm gushing but it was so good!! And the best part was it was so easy and fast. What a way to add flavor to your day.

On a different note. I went and took an exam for a potential job today. I think it went well but some of the questions tripped me up. I think I made the questions harder than they actually were. I am going to be positive and say I passed and will be on to the next stage of the process before I know it. I had a good day. My hubby has assured my I did well and I will be on to the interview before I know it! Woo hoo! So excited. I am glad I am out of my rut. I hope every one has a good weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)