Labels

Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's a peachy kind a day

Don't you wish sometimes that there was smell-a-vision? Some foods look downright amazing and you wish you could capture the experience for all of the senses. Taste it on your tongue, smell it with your soul, eat it with your eyes, touch it on your lips, and hear the yums coming out of everyone's mouths. Well, if anything you can always eat it with your eyes and its calorie free. lol:)

I am actually baking a peach crisp and it smells amazing. If I could find a way to share it with you I would. I'm just that kinda girl. Hee hee!

I did kind of cheat with this peach crisp because it is not quite peach season so I used canned. I know....it won't be as good but it still will be tasty. It looks fantastic. I  cannot wait to take a bite, I even bought ice cream for the occasion.
Just took a bite. All I want to say is mmmm..hmmm. I love the contrast of textures and temperature. Smooth and crumbly, warm and cold. It works.

Peach Crisp                                                                                

Ingredients

1 20oz can peach pie filling
1 14oz can sugar free peach slices drained
2 c flour
1 1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 butter sliced

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F
spray 9 inch pie dish with butter cooking spray
mix peach pie filling and peach slices together. In separate bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cut butter into mixture until it looks like small peas. Place flour mixture on top of peaches and press it down. Place on top of cooking sheet just in case it spills while baking.  Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. Top with your favorite ice cream and enjoy a treat for your senses.

I hope you have had a wonderful day!
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. So funny--I think that all the time when I'm baking or cooking: "The kitchen smells SOOOOO GOOD...I wish I could somehow bottle it and share!" Next best thing is sharing the recipe so others can create it for themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)