Labels

Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Tax Day!

Happy Tax Day!!

So, today I played hooky from school because I was tired from doing our taxes until the wee hours of the morning. When I say wee, I mean wee! But they are done and I don't have that dark cloud hanging over my head anymore. Yeah for me! I also started sending out applications for a new job. I figure if I want a change in my life I need to make it for myself. I'm in charge of my own destiny and if I have any prayer of accomplishing my dreams before I'm too old to enjoy it I need to do something now. Coming to this conclusion even though it is very simplistic in nature took me many years. So, today is a new day. I am going to send out good vibes in the universe and will receive some in return. In a way I have this blog to thank. It makes me think everyday what I want to accomplish and set the goals to achieve them. Every one I fulfill is one step closer to me making my dreams come true. I am getting excited again about everything!!!
hooray:)
In celebration of this momentous occasion I figured something good to eat was in order. I thought how about something cheesy yet filling. I did not think it was time to count calories so it definitely wasn't low fat. We'll, talk more about that later. I decided to make chicken breast stuffed with ricotta and mozzarella cheese topped with you guessed it....more cheese. Muenster to be exact.

Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
1/2 c fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 c shredded mozzarella
6 slices of muenster cheese
bread crumbs
2 eggs (for dredging)

I started by taking chicken breast and slitting them down the middle but not all the way through. Like making a pocket. I dipped the chicken breast in egg and dredged it in bread crumbs then filled it with the cheese mixture. I then took kitchen twine and twirled it around the chicken closing the pocket. I put about 3T of olive oil in the pan and heated it up. When the pan was heated I placed the chicken breasts in the pan and browned the outside of them for about 10 minutes and then placed them in the oven at 400F for about 40mins. During the last 10 mins I topped the chicken with cheese. I also roasted potatoes in the oven for about an hour to go with the meal. Broccoli and cauliflower rounded out the meal. All I can say is...yummy :0. Today, I accomplished a lot and embarked in a new direction. Yeah, for me. Now hopefully I will get some good news in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed. Happy eating  I mean dreaming.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)