Labels

Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Saturday!!

Today was another beautiful spring day! The sun was shining, dogs were barking and all I kept thinking about was how great it would be to have a taste of the season in the form of a muffin. I bet you thought I was going in a different direction. HeeHee:) I decided I would try and  capture a taste of Spring in a zucchini muffin. My coworkers were asking for a good muffin and I figured Iwould try and deliver one.
I experimented a little with a recipe I had on hand. This post is a little late because my headache came back.:(

White chocolate chip zucchini muffins with cranberries


Ingredients
3 cups of grated zucchini
1/2 c unsalted melted butter
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 1/4 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 c of AP flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 c dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

directions

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in zucchini, then melted butter and oil. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Stir in the cranberries. Line muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray. Fill the cups all the way to the top. Top each muffin with white chocolate chips. Bake muffins on middle rack for 25-30mins until golden brown on top and when you insert a skewer in the middle of a muffin it comes bake with only minimal crumbs. Let cool on wire rack for about 30 mins. Eat and enjoy.

Note: I found them to be a little dense but nevertheless they were delicious. I need to continue to tweak this recipe before I can call it a total success.

They tasted like spring to me! Sweet,fruity, and delicious.


Spring time in every bite!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)