Labels

Friday, April 15, 2011

What a beautiful day!!!

Yesterday I was not feeling my best due to a migraine. I have been getting migraines since I was a child and know when I get one I am pretty much out of condition for at least a day maybe two. But today I feel much better. It is a beautiful day outside. The birds are chirping, the trees and flowers are blooming and the sun is shining. What more could you ask for? Well, I wish I didn't have to work but you can't have it all. I can however have a little taste of spring in a bowl. Due to it being Lent I cannot have anything with meat in it.My solution you ask.....Pasta salad!!! Yum! Spring time in a bowl:)

Pasta Salad
1/2 lb tricolor spiral pasta
1 cucumber seeded and diced
1 carrot diced
1 celery diced
whole black olives

citrus vinaigrette
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

I was going to use Italian dressing but as I looked in my cupboards I realized I did not have any. I then decided to try and make my own dressing. I am glad i did. It was easy and delicious. If you were wondering why I did not put tomatoes in my salad, I have a taste aversion to raw tomatoes. They make me cringe. Yuk! You can add whatever you like. It is up to decide what makes you feel like spring. Now that I have had a little taste of spring I am ready to face the world. I hope everyone is having a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)