Labels

Friday, April 29, 2011

Slacker

I know. I have been slacking. I have a good excuse. These are the last couple of weeks for school. The professors are really piling the work on. Anyway, its good to be back. I am very happy today. I have finished my last speech for my communications class. Woo hoo! and to top that off I don't have to go next week! Since I gave my speech today, I don't have to go next week. I get to sleep in. ....Hooray!:) That is unless I hear back from that job and get my interview next week. That would be awesome. How are things with you? Are you ready for Summer? Me, not so much yet because I really do not have anything to wear yet, but I digress.

I did however have time to play in the kitchen and make some good food. I had to work on Easter  so I missed out on delicious dinner with my family.They made me a plate but it was not the same. I know. It sucked for me but I decided that since I missed dinner I would make Easter dinner on Monday for me and the hubby. Since his family made ham I decided to make Prime Rib for us. I made it salt encrusted. First time for me it was delicious. What I want to share is how tasty my side dish was. I made a Sweet Potato Casserole. Let's just say, ah-----Yum!

Look how pretty!!!
I want to share the recipe with you.

Sweet Potato Casserole
adapted from the Neely's

Ingredients

3 Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced
1/2 c soy milk
1/2 c brown sugar
4 T butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 c mini marshmallows

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F
spray a 2 Qt baking dish with cooking spray
Boil the sweet potatoes in water until fork tender. Remove from heat and drain. Smash them with a potato masher and stir in the butter, soy milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Bake for about 15 -20 minutes. Top with marshmallows and bake for 10 minutes more.

It is so good! I urge you if you like sweet potatoes you should try this.

After these next two weeks of school. I should be stress free for a while and hopefully(fingers crossed) I will be starting my new job. I will continue to send good, positive thoughts out in the universe.(smile) I hope you are also having a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)