Labels

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Chicken Tortellini Soup


Hello All!
         I hope you are having a good day. Mine has been great. I did a little cleaning, napping, and I played in the kitchen. What more could you ask for on a fine Wednesday afternoon? Today was gorgeous outside. It was a little windy but the weather was nice. Finally, finally it feels like spring. It has been so hot these last few weeks, I thought we were skipping spring and heading straight for summer. That would not have been nice at all. I am beginning to think it my husband might be right and we should move to another state with a better climate. You know, one with four seasons. Here in Arizona we have three at best unless you live up north, which we do not. I just really do not want to move because I have good friends here and we have some family here. If we move to where my husband wants to go we would not have anyone. Been there and done that and hated every minute of it.
        In celebration of Spring officially beginning this past Sunday, I wanted something light but delicious. I started thinking I had not made many soups this winter because it really was not cold. So why not make one today since it was not 90 like has been the last few weeks. My husband and I love this soup and its so easy to make. Chicken Tortellini Soup is so easy but so good. Let's get to it.

Chicken Tortellini Soup
 
Ingredients
  1.  1 lb. of cubed chicken (breast or thigh)
  2.  32 oz. chicken broth
  3. 2 T of butter
  4. 2 bouillon cubes
  5. 4 cups of water
  6. 3 celery stalks sliced
  7. 2 T olive oil
  8. 3 carrots sliced
  9. 1 onion diced
  10. 3 cloves of garlic minced
  11. 2 bay leaves
  12. 15 oz. bag of cheese tortellini
  13. about 2-3 tsp. of salt (adjust to personal taste)
  14. about 2-3 tsp. of pepper (adjust to personal taste) 
  15. 2 tsp. of herbes de provence
  16. handful of spinach leaves
  17. parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
Directions
  • Heat a stock pot over medium heat and then add the olive oil
  • Add the chicken and add salt and pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes until almost cooked through
  •  
  • It will finish cooking in the soup later when you add it back
  • Remove chicken from pan and add the butter
  • Melt butter and add the onions, celery, and carrots
  • Cook until they start to soften
  • Add the garlic and cook until fragrant
  • Add the chicken broth, water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, herbes de provence, and cook for about 30 minutes over medium heat
  • Add the chicken back into the pot and then add the tortellini and cook it according to the package directions
  • Add the spinach into the pot until it wilts
  • Top the soup with parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste if needed
  • Enjoy
 
        This soup is so easy to make and its tastes so light and delicious. It really does remind me of the essence of spring. Spring is one of my favorite seasons of the year. It hints of new beginnings and fills me with anticipation for things to come. I hope you give this soup a try. I am working on some new to recipes which I will be sharing in the near future but for now I will say goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)