Labels

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pork Chops with a Mustard Cream Sauce


Hello All!
       I hope you are having a good week so far. Mine has been just okay. I have been having really bad anxiety this week. For those who do not experience it is not a good feeling. I have been unbelievably stressed out and have been feeling the effects of it. I am having trouble eating, sleeping, and sometime just catching my breath. It has not been fun. I know some of it I cannot do anything about but it still stinks. I guess if I had the answers I would not be feeling this way. The only thing I can do is find ways to cope with it. I know I have said it before but cooking does relax me. I have not been able to spend any quality time in the kitchen this week because of work but work is not the only thing making me anxious. I am not saying cooking is the cure for what ails me but it does help.
      Anyway, enough of the not so fun stuff let's get on with the good stuff. The dish I made, Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce. This dish is so easy to make and it does not take any time at all to get it on the table. You are looking at about 20 minutes of cooking time so this makes it an ideal week night dinner. It really has simple ingredients. All you need is thin cut pork chops, cream, Dijon mustard, butter, chicken broth, garlic, and salt and pepper. Most of these items you probably have already.
Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce
Adapted from Ree Drummond
 
Ingredients
  1. 4 thin cut pork chops
  2. 1 T of butter
  3. 1/2 c chicken broth
  4. 1/4 c heavy cream
  5. 2 T Dijon mustard
  6. 2 cloves of garlic minced
  7. salt and pepper to taste
  8. 2 T olive oil
Directions

  • Heat the pan over medium high heat and then add the oil.
    Salt and pepper the pork chops and add to the pan

  • Cook about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through
  • Remove pork chops from pan and set aside
  • Add the butter to the pan and melt then add the garlic and cook for a minute
  • Add the mustard to the pan and whisk together
This is not in the pan because my husband decided to "help me" and put the pan in the sink with water. Oops.
  • Add the cream and the chicken broth and whisk together scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan
I added the juice from the cooked pork chops to the sauce and it added depth to the sauce. This is why cooking it in the pan the chops were cooked in is important
  • Gently simmer the sauce until it thickens. Pour the finished sauce over the pork chops and enjoy!

      This dinner was very easy to make and took very little time. It was simple but delicious and I will be adding it to our monthly rotation. My husband loved it. I think it would have been even better with the pan scrapings in the sauce but it was still delicious with the juice from the pork chops.
       I hope you give this dish a try. I promise, you will not be disappointed. I hope you have had a better week than me so far. I will talk to you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)