Labels

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables

Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables

Happy Saturday!
       Well today I was feeling super tired and worn out from my week at work. I feel like I am emotionally and physically drained and its a day for pajamas and no hair brushing. Cute, but gross I know. I am currently wearing my favorite penguin pajamas which how can you not love penguins? They are so cute and cuddly looking and they put a smile on my face. I digress again. Anyone else have days and or weeks like these? Come on. I can't be the only one. I feel like the crickets are the only ones talking to me at this point but that's okay. Anyway the point of this long, drawn out conversation is I am tired and feel like I need to recharge. I thought to myself, what is the easiest way I could do this that did not require a lot of time and energy? The answer is, in the voice of Barney Stinson, wait for it.... Stir Fry!!!  On days where I do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but want something delicious, I feel like stir fry is the way to go. It is so easy to make. Just create your sauce add some of your favorite veggies and protein or no protein if that is how you are feeling and Bingo Bango dinner in 30 minutes.
 
Start with this
End up with this
 


        This dish is super easy to make and tastes delicious. I like mine to be extra saucy but you could definitely cut the ingredients in half and make less sauce. Serve it over brown rice, white rice, or noodles. That is what so great about stir fry it is a very versatile dish. I try to make it at least once a week when I need a quick and easy option. I think most of these ingredients you may have in your cabinet but if not they are readily available at most grocery stores.

Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables
Ingredients
  1. 1/3 c soy sauce (I use the low sodium)
  2. 1/4 c oyster sauce
  3. 2 1/2 T rice wine vinegar
  4. 1 tsp. ground ginger (You can use fresh which I prefer but I was out, I would increase the amount to 1 T grated)
  5. 4 cloves of garlic grated
  6. 1 tsp. Chinese five spice
  7. 1/4 c chicken broth
  8. 2 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
  9. 1 tsp. black pepper or to taste
  10. 2 tsp. sesame oil
  11. 1 lb. chicken cut in cubes
  12. 2 T. of vegetable oil
  13. 1/2 onion cut in slices
  14. 1 head of broccoli
  15. 2 carrots cut in slices
  16. 1 medium zucchini
* You can use any vegetables or meat you want. These are the ones I used for this recipe but they can be substituted depending on your preference
 
Directions

 

  • Mix the first 10 ingredients together in a bowl. This is the sauce for your stir fry
  • Heat up a pan over medium high heat and add 2 T. of oil. If you have a wok this would come in handy for you
  • Add the chicken and cook until almost cooked through about 5-6 minutes remove from pan and set aside

  • Add the onions to the pan and cook until translucent about 3-4minutes then add the rest of your vegetables. Cook until almost soft but has a little crunch it took me about 6 minutes
 

  • Add the chicken back to the pan and then add the sauce cook until it comes to a boil and the sauce thickens.

  • Serve over your choice of rice or noodles
  • Enjoy
 
 
       I hope you have a good rest of the weekend and also you give this recipe a try. I will talk to you soon. Bye!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)