Labels

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Get ribby with it

They finally got him. Can you believe it? Almost 10 years later we finally get justice for all the lives lost in a senseless violent attack. I am so happy we found him and now the world is free of one less terror. Enough about that. It's Wednesday and I had a great day.:) I got to hang out with one of my friends for a much needed girls day. We lunched, had a glass of wine,mmmm, indulged in a pedi complete with a flower and topped it off with some shopping. What more could you ask for? I'll tell you........some ribs. I made them using Tyler Florence's Pineapple Glaze recipe with just a few changes. I used molasses instead of rum, white wine vinegar instead of rice wine vinegar, and crushed pineapple instead of whole. I must say it turned out to be so delicious. I have never made a sauce like this nor ribs and both were better than I expected.

No complaints from the toughest critic, my hubby. I saved the sauce and will definitely use it in the future for something else. Hmmm.. let me think...ahh wings!!! I bet it will be outstanding on wings. I hope you will try this glaze too! It is a little sweet, salty ,and tangy all at once and it sticks nicely to the ribs.

Pineapple Glaze
adapted from Tyler Florence

Ingredients

2 T butter
1 14 oz can of crushed pineapple
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c molasses
1/4 c ketchup
3 T white wine vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
3 cloves of garlic smashed
1/4 inch piece of ginger

Directions
In sauce pan melt butter and add the crushed pineapple and bring to a boil. Add soy sauce, molasses, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Bring back to a boil then lower to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes. It will thicken. Remove ginger and puree mixture in the blender. Enjoy on your favorite meat.
Doesn't that look yummy?
I bet you can't wait to try it. I hope you had as good of day as I had.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)