Labels

Sunday, May 29, 2011

BBQ without the BBQ

I know everyone this weekend are either planning their barbeques or attending one but I drew the short stick and have to work:(. That's okay I am going to make sure I'm off 4th of July weekend for a camping trip with the hubby and some friends. For people that know me, I am not big on camping. I have only been once but it was aweful. We wanted to go fishing and camping but on the first day the lake was closed so no fishing. Boo! On the second day, the temperature dropped and it rained like crazy. It was soooooo cold. Not fun at all. This time I am hoping it will be different. I know it's not going to be cold because I now live in AZ and it is almost summer and it hardly rains here so I am not going to really worry about that. Here's to a great trip. Woo hoo!

I digressed. Back to this weekend. I did not have time to grill out so instead I took advantage of my crock pot and made BBQ Pork Sandwiches. They turned out great! I may not have attended a BBQ but this made up for it. Hooray! I tried a recipe out of the Fix -It - and Forget it Cookbook with just a few changes. I think it worked. The sandwiches were delicious.

BBQ Pork Sandwiches
adapted from Fix-It-and Forget-It (written by Eleanor Larson for Barbecued Beef Sauce)

Ingredients
2 lb Pork Loin
1 large onion diced
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c ketchup
1/3 c cider vinegar                                                                      
2 T molasses
8 oz can tomato sauce
12 oz beer (I used Dos XX amber)
2 cloves of garlic diced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: combine all ingredients in crock pot except Pork Loin. After mixed together add the pork loin, prick it a few times with a fork a few times so sauce can penetrate and turn it in sauce. Spoon some additional sauce on top. Cook for 8 hrs. Turn it half way through if possible. If not possible it is okay. Shred the meat with two forks and stir it in sauce. Serve on favorite rolls or buns.



Enjoy it with fries if desired. I love fries:) I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)