Labels

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hey muffin

Well, everyone it's Tuesday but for me its Monday. I have a long way to go before the weekend comes.Boo hiss :(
In keeping with the peach theme this week I decided to help me face what the day brings, why not start the day with a little happy? Today happy comes in the form of a muffin. Peach muffins to be exact. Now, I have a smile on my face. These muffins came out light, fluffy and moist. The fresh peaches added a little something extra. Way better than canned, but then everything fresh just tastes that much better.


The recipe is from allrecipes.com. and it looked good. I wanted to try it out and felt it needed just a little bit added  to make it better. I'm so glad I did. It is definitely a keeper and if you get a chance, give it a try. You will not be disappointed. It helped Tuesday become an extraordinary day:) Cheesy but true.

Peach Muffins
adapted from allrecipes.com
yields 8 muffins

Ingredients
2 medium - large sized peaches diced
1 1/2 c of all purpose flour
3/4 c white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 c soy milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c brown sugar - for topping

directions
Preheat oven to 400F and grease or line muffin tins.
In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a second bowl mix oil, egg, soy milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Fold in peaches. Fill each of the 8 muffin cups to top and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Enjoy.



As promised! The ugly pics of my pie. Time did not make it look a whole lot better. It's still ugly but delicious.


I think its needs a little more of a thickening agent. It was still too runny. I may try it again or I might try a different recipe. The score is pie -2, me - 0. Its time for me to win for once. Next time it will be all me!

On a brighter note, ice cream made it better:)
Hope you had a good day! See you tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)