Labels

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to allow the moms out there. I hope you had a wonderful day and were treated like queens. I trust everyone has had a  great weekend. I know I did. I went to a banquet that my husband and in- laws attend annually. They sell raffle tickets to win prizes, have an auction for items, and also include dinner in the cost of the tickets. The money goes to the local community for schools and wildlife. This year I finally won what I think is one of their greatest prizes. I won 1/2 a brawley cow. I know.... can you believe it. It weighs 1200 lbs so 1/2 of that is mine. My husband says we will get about 250 or so of meat from it. I don't have to buy meat for a while. Woo hoo!! We also won a tent package worth about $900. We did pretty well this year. I am so happy:) Everyone who has tried the meat says it is very delicious. I cannot wait to try it. I will let you know. I have finals to finish studying for so I will post more later.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)