adapted from Cheryl Day's recipe of old fashioned cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c of strawberry puree (made from fresh strawberries)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.Combine in a bowl both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until combined for about 3 minutes. Add in cubed butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. Slowly add milk and vanilla to batter until completely mixed scraping down the bowl as you mix.
Scoop batter into baking cups filling to almost full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
Let cool on wire rack and frost with your favorite frosting. I used my banana cream cheese frosting. YUM!