Labels

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

First and foremost I want to say thanks to all the men and women who have served or are currently serving in the Armed Forces. My sister and brother in law are currently serving in the Army and I am very proud of them. Love you guys!

How were everyone's cookouts? Like I said yesterday, no cookout for me, work instead. Boo! Hiss! Oh well, someone has to do it. On another note one of my good friend's and their son's birthday is today. Happy birthday Roo and Bubba! love you guys:P

I told her that I would make her something chocolaty for her birthday.

She is one of those strange people that does not like fruit or what she terms chunks in her food. Can you believe that? I know. Like I said weird. Any who, I wanted to make her something good for her special day and I came across this post for look a like Hostess Cupcakes on the blog My Baking Addiction. You can find the recipe on her website http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/hostess-inspired/ if you want to give it a try. I know mine did not look like her pictures and my ganache definitely did not look like hers on the first try.
Picture muddy waters. Better yet, Just look at the picture.

Which made the cupcake uuuuugly.
Which then caused me to act like a two year old. Picture crying, feet stomping, followed by some good pouting. I know....not pretty at all. I almost gave up but the hubby was like calm down its chocolate. You can't go wrong with chocolate. He offered to eat all of them himself. I told him no.
I decided to give it another try after dragging myself back off the couch. It's a good thing too. They ended up looking pretty good if I do say so myself.
Then I decorated them.

Now check out the inside.

Like I said they turned out looking good. I hope she likes them.
The one complaint my hubby had was they were hard to get off the cupcake liners. Maybe they were a tad underdone. They were still very moist and he liked them. I can't wait to give them to her tomorrow!

Good thing I did not throw them on the floor when I had the urge to. You know, things don't always work out the way you imagined or planned but you just have to roll with the punches. That's how you learn. I have got to learn not to be so hard on myself. I am not a professional and am still learning. Sometimes recipes don't come out right the first time. You have to keep trying.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. They turned out beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) I am glad I did not go with my first impulse and throw them. lol. Thank you for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh!! Yes, please. I think I'll have seconds! Love the shot of the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa, thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. It's a great pleasure of meeting you. Btw, your cupcakes sounded really yummy and glad you've started to enjoy cooking & baking. I only started mine 2 years ago. I'm glad I did it. Wishing you all the best & have a great day.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)