Labels

Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday

Well, today I had two finals in the morning. One went okay, the other not so okay. I am almost convinced I am not cut out for brief calculus. I just want to make it out of the class. Hopefully,  I did well enough to accomplish this. I do not want to take it again. When I left school this morning I was upset about my exam and needed to cheer myself up. I got a salad to go from one of my favorite lunch places, Paradise Bakery. Their fuji apple salad is so good. That helped a little to cheer me up but I thought what else would brighten my spirits? If you guessed something sweet you would be correct.:)

I decided to make cupcakes but they did not come out quite as well as I would have liked. They did not rise much and the flavor was a little off. Don't get me wrong they were delicious but the recipe needs to be tweaked a little so therefore I will share it when I feel I have the recipe right. I will however share the banana cream cheese frosting. I was inspired by a fellow blogger when I saw her banana cupcakes. It gave me an idea of what to do with my over ripe bananas. Banana Cream Cheese frosting. I think the banana gave it a little extra something.

Banana Cream Cheese Frosting
 Ingredients
1/2 banana
8 oz cream cheese
2 c powder sugar
1 stick of unsalted butter

Directions
Blend cream cheese until smooth, then add stick of butter and blend on medium speed until fluffy. Add the 1/2 of banana mashed. Add powerd sugar slowly until incorporated. Enjoy!

The banana flavor is so good in a frosting. I definitely will make it again!

The cupcake also worked. There is no point in dwelling over that final. Its over with and hopefully the grade will be posted soon and I won't have to think about again. I have one more final to go on wednesday and then I'm done for a few weeks. I will finally get to sleep in past 5:30 for a little while. Woo hoo! I hope everyone had a good day. If not make yourself a little happy. aka something sweet:)
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)