Labels

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Carne Asada


      I think I have mentioned a few times that my husband loves Mexican food and I could take it or leave it. This recipe for Carne Asada may have the ability to change my mind. Lately I have been finding a lot of inspiration for recipes and as silly as it sounds I sometimes dream about food. Crazy I know, unless you dream about food and then maybe not so crazy. Any hoo. I have been trying to come up with my own marinade recipes for meats so I would not have to buy the ones from the store. They have so many preservatives and sometimes ingredients you cannot pronounce that making my own seems like the way to go. I believe the one I made for Carne Asada is close to perfection. We both loved it. I only marinated the steak for two hours but I think it would be even better if it marinated a little longer. It was savory with a little bit of citrus notes but very delicious. I will definitely be using this marinade from now on when I make Carne Asada. We made tacos out of it this time and will be making burritos in the future. This recipe is so easy and takes little time to whip together.

Carne Asada
 
Ingredients
 
  1. 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
  2. 1/3 c olive oil
  3. 1 jalapeno diced
  4. 1/2 tsp. ancho chile powder
  5. 1/4 c fresh squeezed orange juice
  6. 1/2 c cilantro chopped
  7. 1 lime juiced and zested
  8. 1/2 lemon juiced
  9. 1/2 tsp. salt
  10. 1/2 tsp. pepper
  11. 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Directions
 
  • Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
  • Using a large Ziploc bag, put the steak into the bag and pour marinade over it.
  • Massage it into the meat and let it marinate for at least 2 hours. Longer would be better.
  • After marinating, remove from bag and discard marinade.
 
  • Cook steak to your preferred temperature. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
  • Enjoy.
 
 
 
           This marinade gave the steak a delicious flavor. I am so happy I made this. My husband was excited for left overs but that did not happen. Let's just say we turned our heads for a minute and my Great Dane decided he wanted some. He loved it too! I used a flank steak for the tacos and I can't express how good it was. I hope you give this a try. You won't regret it. I hope you have a great day and I will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)