Labels

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Pasta


Hello All!
      How are things going? My week has been good so far. I have a new nephew and he is a beautiful baby. I want to congratulate my brother and sister in law. Little Joshua is adorable and I can't wait to meet him! It is always nice when you can focus on happy events instead of bad. To celebrate the arrival of my new nephew I decided to make a new chicken dish. After the success of my last attempt at recipe writing I wanted to create something else new. I am always trying to find new ways to cook chicken because lets face it, chicken can taste blah some times. I, myself, am not a huge fan of it. Give me a steak or fish any day.
      This is a little time consuming but so worth it. My hubby loved it and already asked for it again which means I can count it as a win. Yay for me!
 
Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Pasta
 
Ingredients
For the Filling
  1.  1/2 c of ricotta cheese
  2. 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
  3. 1/8 tsp. salt
  4. 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  5. 1 c spinach leaves chopped
  6. 2 T of parmesan cheese
  7. 1/4 c mozzarella cheese
 
Breading
 
  1. 1/4 c parmesan cheese
  2. 1 c Italian bread crumbs
  3. 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  4. salt and pepper
  5. 1/2 c of flour
 
Additional Ingredients
 
  1. 2 chicken breasts butterflied and pounded thin
  2. 4 pieces of kitchen twine
  3. 4 T of olive oil
  4. 1/2 lb. of pasta
  5. 2 eggs beaten
  6. favorite marinara sauce
  7. 2 slices of Havarti cheese or your favorite white cheese
 
Directions
 
  • Preheat oven to 400
  • Combine all of the filling ingredients and set aside
  • Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside. I like to butter the pasta after it comes out so it does not stick together.
  • If you have not pounded out the chicken, pound it thin, and then sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
  •  
  • Spread half the filling on each chicken breast and roll it together to seal.
  •  
  • Take the kitchen twine and wrap around the chicken to seal the filling inside.
  •  
  • Dip the chicken in the egg, followed by the flour, back into the egg, and then into the breadcrumbs mixture.
  • Heat oil in the pan and brown the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes per side
  • Transfer to baking dish, cover with foil and bake about 20 - 25 minutes until cooked through
  • Remove foil after 15 minutes otherwise it will be a little soggy on the bottom
  •  
  • Top with cheese and melt
  •  
  • Serve over pasta topped with the marinara sauce. I made my own but it needs a little tweaking before I share it.
  • Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
  • Enjoy.
  •  
 
      I love how this turned out. It was delicious and definitely did not taste like another boring chicken dinner. I think next time I will add a little bit of red pepper flakes to give it a little kick but you can bet I will be making this again. I hope you give it a try and love it as much as we did. On a side note it was a little difficult to find the twine under the breading but once you do cut it off carefully so you don't lose much of the goodness topped on the chicken. I hope you have a good rest of the week and I will talk to you soon.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)