Labels

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Cilantro Tequila Citrus Chicken

     
      Have you ever spent a lot of time on a recipe only for it to fail? Well, I did today so now I am a little upset. Okay, a lot upset. Picture stomping feet and growling and now you can imagine what I am doing right now. Okay, maybe I am being a little melodramatic. I have an idea of what I need to change for next time but that does not help today. I guess that is just a part of cooking. Sometimes you have success and sometimes you have a fail. It is all a part of learning in the kitchen and in life. The key is to dust yourself off and try again. Oh well. I am sure it happens to everyone. I did have a success last night so I guess my kitchen experience in the last couple of days has not been a total loss.
      Yesterday I was in a mood to break the monotonous cycle of week night dinners. We still had Burrito Tuesday but the with chicken instead of steak or pork. I am not a huge chicken fan in fact I would rather eat anything but chicken. I know red meat is not  especially good for you but it is so tasty. I have been experimenting with different flavor combinations lately as well as with alcohol. In this recipe it definitely paid off. The chicken was moist and delicious and it had an undeniably citrus tang. I loved it and I think you will too. I only marinated it for an hour and it was quite tasty as well as moist. I will be making this again in the future but for a salad instead of a burrito. This recipe is easy to make and not a lot of hands on time.
 
Cilantro Tequila Citrus Chicken
 
Ingredients
 
  1. 1 lb. chicken breast
  2. 1/4 c olive oil
  3. 1/3 c chopped cilantro
  4. 1/4 c lemon juice
  5. juice and zest of 1 lime
  6. 1/4 c tequila
  7. 1/4 tsp. salt
  8. 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  9. 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  10. 2 T Dijon mustard
 
Directions
 
  • Mix ingredients 2-10 in a bowl together and then pour over chicken.

  • Marinate for at least and hour
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Place chicken in baking dish with about 1/4 of the marinade poured over the top and cover with foil.


  • Remove foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking to brown on top a little.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
  • Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
  • Enjoy



       This chicken was moist and delicious. It would be really good on top of a salad with a citrus vinaigrette. I believe next time I make it that is exactly how I am going to enjoy it. I hope you give this recipe a try and I will talk to you soon. 
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)