Yesterday I was in a mood to break the monotonous cycle of week night dinners. We still had Burrito Tuesday but the with chicken instead of steak or pork. I am not a huge chicken fan in fact I would rather eat anything but chicken. I know red meat is not especially good for you but it is so tasty. I have been experimenting with different flavor combinations lately as well as with alcohol. In this recipe it definitely paid off. The chicken was moist and delicious and it had an undeniably citrus tang. I loved it and I think you will too. I only marinated it for an hour and it was quite tasty as well as moist. I will be making this again in the future but for a salad instead of a burrito. This recipe is easy to make and not a lot of hands on time.
Cilantro Tequila Citrus Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/3 c chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 c tequila
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- Mix ingredients 2-10 in a bowl together and then pour over chicken.
- Marinate for at least and hour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place chicken in baking dish with about 1/4 of the marinade poured over the top and cover with foil.
- Remove foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking to brown on top a little.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.