Labels

Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday ramblings - Dealing with disappointment

       Hello All!
 I hope you have had a good week. Mine has been decent but I did experience some moments of disappointments. I know this happens to everyone but it still upset me. I am not just talking about recipes that have gone wrong, which by the way happened, but also in life in general. I know life can't always be rainbows and butterflies and things go wrong or people may do things to upset you but it still stinks.
     I know we are all human and sometimes our actions hurt people but I believe you should be cognizant of what you are doing and how this affects others. If you can't tell I had my feelings hurt by a couple of people. I don't think they intentionally meant for it to happen but it still stung my pride more than anything. I try to think the best of people and when they do something unexpected and not in a good way it really pains me. I know I should have a thicker skin but I don't. This is just me being real. Everyone has feelings and everyone experiences disappointments you just have to learn to deal with them on your own way. I have already moped enough and given them enough power over me so I am making a conscious effort to let it go. I hope when you experience negative things you find ways to let it go too. Otherwise it just eats at you like a cancer.
     Let's talk about something more positive. It is Friday and the weekend is upon us. Do you have anything fun planned? I signed up to be a recipe tester again so I will be doing that this weekend. Maybe I will also go see a movie with the hubby while I have the chance. The next couple of weeks are going to be busy at work so I will not get to spend a lot of time with him. I have to enjoy it while I can. The recipe that I failed at this week I am going to give it another try. I think I know what went wrong so it should come out the next time. On another note, I have been brainstorming new recipes and I have developed  a list of things to try and create and am excited to get started. I have been bitten by the inspiration bug and am raring to go.
     I hope you have a good weekend filled with family and friends. I will be spending mine with my hubby and also playing around in the kitchen. I have a lot of recipes to share with you this coming week.  I hope if you have also experienced disappointment this week you have found something positive to focus on. I think these experiences can only make you stronger. Have a good weekend and I will talk to you soon.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)