Labels

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes

      
      Do you ever get tired of making certain foods the same way all of the time? I know I do. When it comes to week night meals I am usually one that goes straight for easy and fast not necessarily the most creative meals especially when it comes to sides. This means I make a lot of mashed potatoes or microwaved baked potatoes. I know, shame on me but hey it's quick and does not take a lot of effort. I would eat French fries with every meal but that is not realistic nor would my husband go for it. I do eat them more than I should especially at work but that is between you and me. Don't tell anybody. Anyway, while thinking of what to make with our steak tonight I knew I did not want to make the same old boring potato. After some serious thought I decided to make oven roasted potatoes.
       I've been wanting to experiment with different preparations of foods we eat often and I am so happy I did tonight. The potatoes were soft and tender on the inside and a little crispy on the outside. The garlic flavor was subtle and not in your face but it was delicious. I certainly will be playing with flavor combinations in the future. This recipe while very easy does take a little time so it is not one you are going to be able to put on the table in 15 minutes. Most of it hands off it just requires a little stir every 15 minutes to ensure even browning. On a night where you have a little extra time give this a try.
 
Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
 
Ingredients
 
  1. 1 1b. red potatoes diced
  2. 1/4 c diced onion
  3. 1/4 c red and yellow peppers diced
  4. 1/4 c shaved parmesan
  5. 1/8 c olive oil
  6. 2 cloves of garlic minced
  7. 1/4 tsp. rosemary
  8. 1/2 tsp. salt
  9. 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  10. pinch red pepper flakes
 
Directions
 
  • Preheat oven to 425F
  • Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl together and mix until well coated
  • Spread into 1.25  qt. casserole dish
 
  • Turn potatoes every 15 minutes to ensure even browning
  • After 45 minutes add the parmesan cheese and return to oven for 2 minutes
  • Serve and enjoy
 
 
         The potatoes were tender and delicious but not super crispy. I think if you want a crispier potato try spreading them in an even layer on a baking sheet instead of a casserole dish. I loved how this potatoes turned out and will be making them again in the near future. I hope you are having a good week so far and I will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments:) Feel free to leave them anytime:)